Friday, April 29, 2011

A Recipe and Friday Potpourri

The Pineapple Bomb - I didn't name it. And I can't even take credit for finding the recipe, my sister did that many years ago. But I have made it more times than her, so I get posting rights. That, and she doesn't have a blog. :)

Large Pound Cake, like Sara Lee Family Size 
2 Packages vanilla pudding
1 Tub Cool Whip, 8 oz
2 Cans Pineapple Rings
Maraschino Cherries - you know the red syrupy ones!

12 Cup capacity dome-shaped bowl & Plastic wrap

Slice pound cake into 16 slices. Drain pineapple rings (can do it on top of cake slices). Cut cherries in half, drain. Line bowl with saran wrap. Mix pudding according to directions, only reduce milk to three cups total. Fold in Cool Whip to pudding mixture. Set in fridge to chill for about ten minutes. Line bowl with pineapple rings and cherries. Spread pudding mixture over rings. Layer pound cake slices, then pineapple, then pudding until bowl is full. Make sure top layer is pound cake slices. Chill bowl in fridge for at least two hours, longer if possible. When ready to serve, flip bowl onto serving plate. Peel off plastic wrap. Enjoy.

Questions? email me at tlpassey@aol.com 
Complaints? forget above email address & remember - I didn't invent the recipe - just passing it along!

And Friday Potpourri for those who are actually still reading after that long and convoluted recipe!

Our house is now pigeon free. Not that there were ever pigeons inside. Our roof has been pigeon-proofed and as I write this post,  the cooing I would normally be tuning out is a distant memory. 

I did not watch the royal wedding. For the record, this makes me no better than those who did. Just more well rested. 

Feeling melancholy after talking to my sister (a different one than the recipe finder) who is on the east coast today looking for housing. She's moving and I'm in denial. 

And - gearing up for the Storymaker's conference next weekend. If I have time between stressing, rewriting and stressing - I'll blog about it. Last year's pre-conference blog post What Not To Wear still fits. Ha, no pun intended. Now if only my clothes did!








2 comments:

Canda said...

Oh. Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Valerie Ipson said...

Storymakers HERE WE COME!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Inspiration for the Blog & Life